Monday, October 27, 2008

Field Trips....Love them!!

I took my two science classes to Hutchinson to the Cosmo sphere last week it was a blast I hadn't been there in forever. We went through Doctor Goddard's Lab and he talked about combustion and then blew up this Giant Cotton ball the walls in the room shook...it was great!!


The top pictures are of Science in the classroom and this is one of my students. They discussed with the kids about all their senses being important and how if you took away hearing and sight it would effect where you thought you where in space. They put my student in a chair that spins, blindfolded him, put sound proof hear covers on him and them spun him in the chair. He was supposed to point with his thumbs which direction he was going. They only spun him one way but when the chair stopped he thought he was going the other way and pointed that way. It was very funny.

This is the picture of the great supervision that we offer at Riley. Yes that is me in one seat my co-worker in the other and the legs across all the seats are our kids, we took thirteen. It was the quietest trip I have been on they slept all the way there and home, think we will leave at 6 a.m. for every field trip!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

what... road trip and you didn't call me? I would have went.... what????