Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Opossum or Dog

OK this is for all the times I share things about my family, this ones on me!!
I let the dogs out this morning, it is pitch black dark, 5 a.m. I have my head light on that allows me to see fairly well for things that are close, to far away and I can see a little but not great.
The dogs are doing their business I holler at them to come back the husky comes back I let her inside the wiener dog does not come back so I walk out to look for him. I yell and yell and here he comes waddling along taking his own sweet time, I yell again and walk closer towards him. We get within 15 feet of each other and I realize Holy Crap that is not my dog but a opossum. This sends me into a fit of laughter I can hardly stand up from laughing because all I can think of is that commercial with the lady and the raccoon and the fact that maybe I need glasses.
My dog picks this moment to show-up from wherever he has been and decides he is going to protect me from the opossum, I scream the opossum runs and my dog looks like I just whipped him, this starts the laughing all over again.
Yes it really happened!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

and you make fun of my old farm stories... you crack me up

Judy