Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Experience with New Kohl's

We had to deliver sheep over by Salina on Sunday, so I thought we would swing past the new Kohl's in Salina....Love Kohl's. This is what happened:

I am not usually one that contacts stores to discuss their policies, I work in education now but have worked in customer service in the past and understand that there are certain rules put into place for certain reason. I was however completely offended and hurt by your employees and their lack of "training" that I encountered on Sunday May 3rd at your Salina Kansas store.
I took my 10 year old daughter to your store to do some shopping, we were looking for her first "real" bra. I went into the dressing room with her to assist in this matter (by my 10 year old request no less) when one of your employees knocked on the door and told me that I was not allowed in there with her. When I asked why she said "Company Policy" Fine I was upset but I stood outside the door and assisted my daughter the best I could through the door. I asked why the policy was in effect and she stated in a very snotty voice that "this is what my manager told me so it is what I have to do" I said that I didn't know after today if we would be back in this Kohl's and that if this is going to be your policy it need to be posted. She went and talked to her manager and I was then informed that because my daughter needed my assistance they would make an exception. I thanked them but the damage had already been done, my daughter and I had both been insulted and a moment that should have been a mile stone had been damaged by policies that had no basis.
This policy needs to be posted and your employees need to be trained why it is in effect in the first place. I assume that there is a reason?? Rules without proper education leads to ignorance and poor customer service.

Thank you,
Angela Toews

This was the response that I received:


Dear Angie,

My name is Kathleen Baldwin and I am the Store Manager of your Salina Kohl's. I have been forwarded a copy of the e-mail that you sent regarding your experience while in my store. I cannot express to you how very sorry I am that this happened. I assure you that this is not a policy of Kohl's. I have spoken to the associate that was in the fitting room at the time, and can tell you without a doubt that this will never happen again. I would also like to apologize to your daughter as this was an important milestone that mothers and daughters share. I understand the frustration that this has caused you both and would like the opportunity to make it right. I would like to offer you 15% off your next purchase to use at your convenience. You will not need a coupon for this. I will let the cashiers and Management staff here know, or I can send you a gift card if you would like. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to rectify this. Again I am truly sorry for the frustration, embarrassment, and inconvenience that this created.

Kathleen BaldwinStore Manager
1310Salina Kansas785-452-9392

I do appreciate the fact that they sent a discount but it is more important to me that this doesn't happen to anyone else and please do not be afraid to speak up if you feel like you have been mistreated.

0 comments: