Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Differences between town and country


Ok my girls will maybe kill me for posting this----them in their glamour wear and all, but I got to thinking about the differences between town and country when my friend at work in Manhattan said come check out the moon,yes it was pretty but it was the moon. I live in the country see the moon, stars all that every night so the difference, I guess I take it for granted that I can see all of that (I have to thank her for reminding me to take advantage of what I have). Another difference...Tree removal...above is what tree removal looks like if you live in the country you use "little people" for slave labor, make a pile in the middle of your yard then rent a chipper or light a match....if you live in town you make a pile at the edge of the street a orange truck pulls up and chips your limbs and halls them off, kinda like a "tree fairy". Those of you that live in town think Oh it's just a little rain....us in the country think damn I just washed my car for nothing or I just washed my chore clothes and now I have to stand in 2 inches of mud again, am to the point I liked it when it would freeze at least the ice didn't pull your boots off during chores. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't trade the country life for city life for all the money in the world, I love that my kids can go for long walks unattended exploring nooks and crannies, finding bugs and other things. I love that driving to work I see deer, turkeys, owls, rabbits and assorted wildlife. I do wish that they would put in a convenience store in the country for the occasional forgotten milk or the times that I am low on gas, but all in all country life is great.

0 comments: