Monday, March 31, 2008

Intergrity Club Lambs



If anyone knows our family they know that it revolves around livestock. Duane and I feel that our children have learned just as much in a show ring as they have ever learned in a classroom. We have spent many weekends traveling down the road showing one species or another. Yes the trophies or prizes are great but that is only the smallest part. We love the friendships and the connections that we have made over the years. We have always bought our livestock and never raised our own, that has changed! In the fall we purchased Dale Asche's club lambs.....never in a million years did I think I would raise sheep. I am however, and am learning things about myself and about my family.



What have I learned since starting Integrity Club Lambs?

  • That having your spouse as your business partner can sometimes be the best/worst thing to happen.
  • That it doesn't matter if there are already 43 sheep the birth of 44 is just as exciting
  • That I can deliver babies, give shots, fix fence and numerous other things myself.
  • That ewe lambs can have babies without having milk. (the milk comes later)
  • Raising sheep has reinforced that my children are great little workers and wonderful help.
  • That communication is the key and all involved see things differently.
  • That if something can go wrong it will when Duane leaves on a business trip.
  • Animals die and it is heartbreaking...no matter what!
  • That goats do "jeer" at you if you don't feed right on time (thanks for the article mom)
  • That the child that never wants to be outside can't resist spending time in the orphan pen.
  • Hard work is the most rewarding feeling in the world
  • A full moon is your best friend and that sheep never get out when there is one!!
  • My parents are the greatest!! Drive 30 miles to help me at 10:30 at night..Priceless!!
  • The best time of the day is before the sun comes up.

0 comments: