Thursday, April 17, 2008

Pork Chops

I truly believe that opossums are the ugliest little creatures out there. They look like a giant rat, they hiss when trapped and when you think that you have successfully killed it, it gets up and walks away. These little creatures like cat food and show up on a regular basis to eat on my back patio if the cats get fed to late in the evening.

Their counter parts are much cuter but much more of a nuisance. They like cat food too and when there is no cat food they have learned how to take the lids off the trash cans by grabbing a edge and leaning backwards to pop the lid off. Living in the country I expect to see certain animals on my porch or even in my yard then there are things that make me laugh out loud.


This would be one of those things. It is sad when the first thing I think when there is a pig eating cat food on my back patio is grab the camera this is blog material!!! I am used to seeing raccoons, opossums, and my cats on my back patio but the pig is a first. No he is not ours, he belongs to the landlords son who has pigs across the road, he was out for a stroll and decided to stop and dine on the back porch. I just have to wonder if he realizes how close to the BBQ grill he is standing....mmmmmm pork chops!

0 comments: