Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Ring

Wow what a weekend!! I have a lot to post but will start with Saturday. Duane and I went to the State Sale at Hutchinson. It is a sheep sale with some major breeders so for us to get in was a great opportunity, it helped us get our name out there and we did ok as far as sales went and for our first year I thought it went alright. The downer for the day was that Duane lost his wedding ring...so NO we are not getting divorced, I love my husband very much.
I think Duane was more upset about it then I was not that I wasn't upset I was/am but there is so much more to being married then a ring on a finger.

Reasons why I was maybe not as upset as everyone thought I should be:

  • Duane is my soul mate and my best friend
  • I cannot imagine my world without him
  • He is the only person that I know that can put up with my mood swings and still love me (besides my parents)
  • He validates my feelings and believes in my dreams as much as I do.
  • He has turned out to be a pretty great business partner
  • He makes me laugh
  • He is a wonderful, caring, patient father
  • He is the logical side of me. He needs to think things through and I just do it without as much thought as I should have sometimes.

Now do any of these things have anything to do with whether my husband wears a wedding ring or not? No they don't. This is why I wasn't as mad as everyone thought I should be that the ring was lost because it is just a symbol to the outside world not what our marriage is based on and not what our marriage will be.

0 comments: