Tuesday, January 20, 2015

What have I been learning?

I believe we keep learning or we die.....not literally die but mentally you start to slip away. This doesn't have to be taking a college class, that is learning yes, but what have you learned from the people around you on a daily basis?

Some things I learned lately that:

  1. People in Kansas never seem to drive the speed limit even though cops seem to be everywhere. 
  2. People in Iowa seem to never go above the speed limit even though I never saw a cop.
  3. Broccoli can cure the jitters if you have had too much coffee (I don't know this would be for those of you who ONLY have jitters because of coffee...lol)
  4. If you going shopping with a group of women hand each one a handful of strips of colored paper (each women gets a different color) and when you bring the bag back to the car you staple you color to your bag....NO looking through bags at the end of the shopping trip just grab the bags with your color strip on it. You can  now shop with 30 women and part ways in under 5 min.
  5. You have something to share with everyone you meet and they also have a story...just listen. 
  6. You never know when your past will be important to your future or who you will be able to help because of your past.
  7. That I love my children and it is amazing to watch them grow and it also hurts to watch them struggle.
  8. That the love you have for you children is amazing but the love you have for your grand-kids is different but just as deep. 
  9. That getting carded for a beer (even if it is your job) makes me happy, does that make me old
  10. Music changes my mood, relaxes me and sometimes says things I can't. 
I am sure there is more but can't think of them now so maybe my next post I will let you know what those are until then listen, look and learn from those around you.

0 comments: