Monday, January 5, 2015

Where does your happy come from?

    So I spent years in education this meant I spent years taking a training called MANDT. It teaches you how to manage yourself so that you can help the people around you who are falling apart. It also teaches you that anger is a second emotion. Think about the times you have been angry 9 times out of 10 it followed something else embarrassment, loss of pride, failure, disappointment. Now there are those times that your just angry and your not even sure why or what caused it, I get that. 
     What I have been thinking about lately and I don't know that I have answer I just thought I would share. If anger is a second emotion is happiness also a second emotion? Does your happiness rely on something having to happen for you to be happy or are we always in a state of happy unless provoked to be unhappy?
   I have been making a conciseness effort to think about myself the last few days. What makes me happy? Do I do the things that make me happy? Do I surround myself with people that make me happy? 
   I know I haven't done the best at putting myself first, not since i was 17 and found out someone else would be depending on me. Now I am 41 and my children are all but on there own, still one at home for another year but she doesn't need me like she used to and I pray that my happy comes from me and not from things that happen to me. I pray that I am able to re-invest in myself with all the gusto that I invested in my children. 
  I will continue to search for my blissfully place happy but in the meantime I am just going to enjoy the day-to-day moments that make me smile, I will stop during the day and take into account what I have, what it means to me and how lucky I am. I will also realize that my happy comes from me and how I look at things. One of my favorite quotes is "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it".............How are you reacting?

0 comments: